Tuesday 22 September 2015

Dead capacitative keys solution for Android.

I recently had a tiny accident with my phone, and as with all things glass and fragile and please do not drop me, it immediately started acting up and my handy capacitative keys died on me.
Naturally I was quite distraught as getting a new phone or even replacing the screen was a viable solution for me. The geeky curious side in me got into gear and before long I had some viable solutions.

1) Easy touch.
This is my app of choice and offers a plethora of options and customization. Not only does it provide the minimum home, back and recent tasks keys, it throws in a few extra slots that can be customised for either calls, tools, favourite apps and the like. You can get it on the play store here

2) Soft buttons.
Soft buttons provides the essential capacitative keys access and not pretty much else. It also works only on rooted devices so it's not one for the faint hearted. You can however still check it out here incase you have a thing for trying out softwares that void your warranty.

3) Handy soft keys.
This app also offers the basic functionalities and not much else. It however appears more polished and minimalistic if you into that. It doesn't require any rooting and is as such a better option if you crave the functionality offered by Soft Buttons and less clutter than Easy touch. You can grab it here.

Feel free to check out the above three and they are available for free on the Google play store.

No comments:

Post a Comment